Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Music 360 Spotlight: 7 Aurelius



If you have seen "Making The Band" lately, this producer named, 7 Aurelius was brought in to produce some tracks for the groups, but namely "Donnie". 7 is a "hit" maker who is responsible for tracks by Ashanti, Ja Rule, J Lo, Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige. and the list goes on. He caught my attention because of his name, first off, then his strange behavior. In a clip from the show, he is seen misting up the studio with a fog machine, and speaking to persons that weren't there, and listening to voices that were inaudible to everyone else. 7 is "off the chain". As you know, in our previous Music 360 expose, we discussed 5% belief systems in Hip-Hop, and 7 seems to skirt that edge. I don't know just yet if he is a 5%er, but I am trying to find out. Anyway, he company is called "The 7th Sign", and check this out:

"Sev is also very spiritual in the studio, known to light up candles and incense to set the ambiance for creativity. “I have to have candles, incense and flowers and different things like a fog machine’s and stuff like that,” he says. “I like to set the tone and usher in the spirit.” He also likes to usher in beautiful women for inspiration as well, “It all helps the vibe, its all about the vibe, without a good vibe you might as well just pack up and go home. Beautiful women enhance my vibe, I bring in girls into the studio for a while just to hang with me because their presence brings a different energy.” Hmm.....we've got our 360 eyes on you, Mr. 7....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah I was wondering about "7" when I saw that episode of making the band. I thought it was hilarious. He doesn't come across as a 5%er to me but someone who follows the ufo-ology stuff. He believes in the spaceship stuff...george clinton??? lol. He's just making a fool of himself...
-Sunny