Tuesday, May 13, 2008

POLITICAL ROUNDUP: MICHELLE OBAMA ON IF SHE WERE FIRST LADY


Sen. Barack Obama has all but gained the Democratic nomination, (even Clinton supporters are calling it) and last week his wife, Michelle, hinted of what she’d do if she were to become first lady.
At a fund-raiser billed as a women’s “Power Lunch” for Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Obama suggested she would take on women’s and family issues: “If I have the honor of becoming the next first lady, I want to continue these conversations like the ones I’ve had with these incredible women across the country. I want to ensure that their voices don’t get drowned out ever again in Washington.”
Obama also recalled that while campaigning with her family last weekend, “At one point someone asked Malia, our older daughter, what she enjoyed most about the weekend and she said, ‘being with my dad,’ and it nearly broke my heart.”
Continue Reading »

No comments: