Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Today's & Yesterday's Foolywang: Lebron James Cursing At His Mama!

*A mama's love has no boundaries, even during a nationally-televised NBA game when she feels her son is the victim of an excessive foul.
Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James was driving to the basket in Game 4 of his team's playoff series with Boston when opponent Paul Pierce wrapped him up and momentum carried them both into the courtside crowd under the basket.
Gloria James, sitting near where her son had been dragged out of bounds, jumped up to his defense and started screaming at Pierce. Any good lip reader could see that LeBron glared at his mother and shouted "Sit your a** down!" before walking back onto the court.
After his team's 88-77 victory, James was asked to explain his harsh language, which yesterday made its way onto the Internet and cable news outlets.
He said: "Even though that is my mother, you can’t have fans going after players like that. The Commissioner doesn’t care if it is your mother or your kids or anybody, you can't allow fans and players to get involved like that. I can’t afford for my mom not to be at every last one of my games. I told her to sit down in language I shouldn’t have used. Thank God today wasn’t Mother’s Day.”

LeBron James tells Mom to "Sit Your A** Down"




Just for the record, if he was my son, and clowned me like that on national TV...post game, it would have been on and crackin'!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i saw this yesterday on tv....I understand that there was a lot of commotion going on, but that doesn't give LeBron the right to curse at his mother...I would have taken off my belt and chased him down that court if I was her!!! lol
-Sunny