Thursday, February 5, 2009

Foolywang: Etta James

Etta James has lashed out at Sasha Fierce Beyonce weeks after Fierce Kitty Beyonce sang her classic song “At Last” for the Obamas’ first dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball last month.

At a concert in Seattle last week, James told the crowd:

“I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she gonna get her a** whooped,” sarcastically calling her “The great Beyoncé.”

And she went on.

“I can’t stand Beyoncé… [she] had no business … singing my song that I been singing forever.”

She even dissed the President:
“You know your President, right? You know the one with the big ears? He ain’t my President.”

Beyonce played James in “Cadillac Records,” and they seemed chummy at the premiere (pictured above) last December. James was unable to attend the inauguration for health reasons.

I am not outraged at the Beyonce diss...I expected that hateration, but it's the Obama diss that gets me.  This is a grown woman carrying on ignorantly.  I didn't know Etta James, but now I do, and am glad a didn't waste $10.00 on that movie.  Womp

No comments: