Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CALIFORNIA MAYOR SENDS OUT RACIST EMAIL TOWARDS OBAMA ... FORCED TO APOLOGIZE!!!

Apparently Mayor Grose thought it would be funny to send out a racist Obama email to local businesspeople. Too bad, he didn’t realize that one of the people he sent the message to was African American - Keyanus Price.

Here’s how it’s being reported:

"I was horrified when I read that e-mail," Price said. "What I'm concerned about is how can this person send an e-mail out like this and think it is OK?"

Being a public official, Price said, made the matter worse.

"He's putting the city into a bad place, and he is a liability," Price wrote in an e-mail.
---------------------------------------------------------
Mayor Dean Grose's apology letter to the City Council, Price and her boss
I am deeply embarrassed in receiving your email, and for any harm or hurt that it may have caused. It was poor judgement on my part and was never intended to be offensive to Ms. Price, your company or anyone in the African American Community. I have exchanged emails with Ms. Price in the past.

I can fully understand your concerns and comments. Please be advised that I have left a voice mail for Ms. Price and will also be sending her a separate email with my apology. You can be assured that I will not allow this to happen again. I in no way was representing the City of Los Alamitos, or my role as a council member in sending this out and it went via my private business email. That doesn't justify the fact that it was sent, however, we gratefully appreciate the contributions that your company makes to our community and I wish to publically apologize to anyone within the firm or organization that may have been offended.

I am truly sorry.

Dean Grose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm tired of these closeted bigots apologizing when they get caught. first off, they're not sorry because they would not have done it in the first place if they "didn't mean to offend anyone."...i hope people of color and whites too open their eyes and see that just because we have a president who identifies as African-American, doesn't mean that racism has been eradicated. Racism has only manifested into a new form and is excited to show it's new face during this distinct moment of history.
-Sunny

Anonymous said...

Preach!