Monday, July 7, 2008

Sports: CONGRATS TO SERENA & VENUS!


Venus Williams of the US holds her trophy after winning the women’s singles final against her sister Serena Williams, on the Centre Court at Wimbledon, Saturday. Venus, the defending champion recovered from a whirlwind start to land her seventh Grand Slam title and 5th Wimbledon singles title. The sisters also won the women’s doubles finals later on that same day!
Serena & Venus on the event:
“My first job is a big sister and I take that very seriously,” Venus said. “It is hard for all of my family, although I like to think they want me to win.”
Serena, who had won five of her previous six Grand Slam finals against her sister, admitted things had not gone as she expected.
“She was a little better today, but it didn’t work out as planned,” she said. “But I’m so happy that at least one of us could win. We were glad to be in the final.” [read more]
Congrats to the Williams Sisters. That’s history right there. Keep reading to view more photos. Continue Reading »

No comments: