Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PARALYZED TRACK STAR WALKS AGAIN!


To you heathen acting PARTY ANIMALS out there, who know better, this one's for you. This dude was riding around drinking with his triflin' frens..(yeah, I spelled it right, because out there in the world, that's all they are F-R-E-Ns)..anyway, read the rest:

Last winter, 20-year-old Adrian Gordon, wasn’t wearing a seatbelt when a friend’s speeding car blew a tire on the Long Island Expressway. Gordon was ejected, fractured his spine and was told he’d never walk again.

For weeks, Gordon was only able to move his eyelids, until one night a sensation in his foot awoke him.

“I looked at my toes and saw them moving because I knew when I went to sleep they weren’t moving,” Gordon said. “I made sure I stayed up all night, because I’m like…look, if they’re moving now, I’m going to keep moving them all night, so it won’t go away!!”


Gordon, a former high school sprinter, was a student at Borough of Manhattan Community College where he studied accounting when the accident occurred. He now plans to return to school but will major in sports medicine, in hopes of helping people with injuries similar to his.

“Without a doubt, I know it’s a miracle,” Gordon said last week at a news conference held in the hospital’s rehabilitation unit and attended by the physicians and therapists who guided his recovery. [ Read the article in its entirety. ]

No comments: