Wednesday, April 30, 2008

POLITICS: OBAMA IS OUTRAGED


Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., spoke at a news conference in Winston-Salem, N.C., Tuesday, about the latest assertion by his former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright. “I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened by the spectacle that we saw yesterday,” Obama said and added that WRIGHT’S COMMENTS do not accurately portray the perspective of the black church.

“Rev. Wright does not speak for me. He does not speak for our campaign. I cannot prevent him from continuing to make these outrageous remarks, but what I do want him to be very clear about, as well as all of you and the American people, is that when I say I find these comments appalling, I mean it. It contradicts everything that I’m about and who I am and anybody who has worked with me, who knows my life, who has read my books, who has seen what this campaign’s about, I think will understand that it is completely opposed to what I stand for and where I want to take this country.”

WANT TO HEAR WHAT THE FUSS IS ABOUT? BELOW ARE THE COMMENTS OF REV. WRIGHT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?


No comments: