Friday, August 15, 2008

Today's Foolywang: LISARAYE HOSPITALIZED AFTER FIGHT WITH MISICK: Both parties release statements; actress interviewed by local news


People! We have got to stop this! It doesn't seem to matter if you are a Christian, or a Dignitary, this ignorance needs to stop! When does COMMEN SENSE kick in? Black Family, get it together!

LisaRaye McCoy Misick remained in the hospital Thursday afternoon after Wednesday night's physical altercation with her husband, Turks and Caicos president Michael Misick.


The confrontation followed allegations from LisaRaye that Rocsi from BET's 106 & Park had been having an affair with Misick and was staying at the mansion last weekend while LisaRaye was in New York.


As previously reported, Misick released a statement Tuesday announcing his separation from the TV star. According to Caribbean Net News, LisaRaye returned to the island earlier this week to work out a divorce settlement. But sources told the news outlet that the process had gone very badly from her standpoint. Misick ended up banning his wife from the mansion and she was reportedly forced to be stay at a local beach resort.


On Wednesday night, LisaRaye ignored the alleged ban and confronted Misick at his mansion. The situation turned violent.

"He beat her bad," a source told EUR Thursday afternoon. "She came in the same day Rocsi went out, and he had already issued the statement that they were separated. Apparently she went over there and got into the fight. She's now in the hospital.

"The sub-story is that he has been under investigation because $57 million dollars is missing from our government. They froze all of his bank accounts. He's getting a separation because he can't afford to get a divorce."



Michael Misick

Misick, according to our source, dispatched his fleet of bodyguards to stand around the perimeter of the hospital to prevent reporters from interviewing LisaRaye about the incident.


DUELING PRESS RELEASES


Although LisaRaye is reportedly hospitalized with injuries, which was said to include bite marks, Misick released a statement Thursday denying that he assaulted his wife, and accused LisaRaye, her cousin and her rep of attacking him.

It read:

“Last night LisaRaye, her cousin Phillip Travis, and her publicist Lynn Jeter assaulted the guard at the Premier's home, proceeded to ransack the house, and then assaulted the Premier and his sister. As the result of her assault on them, both the Premier and his sister were taken to the hospital with injuries and later released. The Premier at no time had any physical contact with LisaRaye.

"It is public knowledge that the couple has been separated for months, and LisaRaye has no lawful right to be in the residence. Her conduct yesterday clearly contradicts her stated commitment to dissolve the marriage amicably.”


Several hours later, LisaRaye released the following statement:


“It is with great sadness that I have to announce that my husband and I have separated.

Last night, Wednesday August 13, 2008, an attempt was made by and on behalf of my husband to first prevent my entry into our home and then, later, to make me leave our home by force.


It was necessary for me to receive medical treatment for injuries suffered and in relation to those injuries I shall continue to assist the police force with its enquiries.


Whilst it is my sincere wish to avoid unnecessary conflict, I shall not be intimidated, nor shall those individuals whose job it is to protect and represent me.


I ask that my privacy be respected in these difficult times and I believe that the people of the TCI will understand and support my wish to receive the necessary independent representation from the legal counsel of my choosing. I hope that, in time, the TCI government will come to share that view.

Although I have always been a supportive wife even in light of the very serious allegations currently pending against the Premier, there are limits even for me.

I continue to have the utmost respect for the people of the TCI who have always shown me kindness and support. I vow to continue my work amongst the people of Turks and Caicos Islands.

Until recently I had hoped that I would be able to continue to assist my husband during what will undoubtedly be difficult times ahead for him. I do not wish to have to add to his difficulties.”


Local TCI news station WIV4 interviewed LisaRaye at the airport when she returned to the island earlier this week – before the fight.

"I was just as shocked about hearing about it as anyone and everyone else, but just as any wife's position would be in such an allegation as this, it has to put a damper on the marriage," she told the WIV4 reporter.

"With all that's happening with Michael – the rape and the corruption allegations, and his ill behavior, even this weekend for our recent music festival – I think he's just spiraling out of control. I will just continue to be uplifting, and I will pray for him."

Watch her entire WIV4 interview below.

No comments: